egcs install docs: --enable-threads

Hi,

Looking at "Configuring egcs-1.00" I found an option
--enable-threads. Indeed, this option does nothing on
most platforms. For example, on my AIX box thread
support is always included and is enabled by -mthreads
compiler flag. But I must manually patch configuration
files to receive thread-safe versions of libgcc and
libstdc++ (and --enable-threads option doesn't help with
this). As I do this using multilib configuration, I also
must remove all cpu-specific targets (I don't need them,
and they make bootstrapping process too long). It would
be good if multilib configuration will be more flexible
or if --enable-threads option will enable creation of
thread-safe versions of libraries without multilib.
Any ideas?

Andrey.