Re: 971122 for arm-coff dies building newlib/libm: testcase attached

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> said:

> Robin.Kirkham@mlb.dmt.csiro.au said:
> > > Fri Oct 17 13:00:38 EDT 1997  Richard Earnshaw  (rearnsha@arm.com)
> > >
> > >       * arm.md (movsfcc): If not TARGET_HARD_FLOAT, ensure operand[3] val
> >
> > Richard,
> >
> > Thanks for the patch but I'm afraid to say it made no difference at
> > all! Still the same error with the same testcase. And yes I did check
> > it had applied properly, and a rebuilt egcs in a fresh build
> > directory.
>
> You have probably been bitten by "patch" (I just have -- first time
> ever!).  patch incorrectly applies the patch to the wrong insn (it must be
> applied to the movsfcc pattern, NOT the movdfcc pattern.  The two insns
> contained the same body of code, and since I extracted the patch from the
> gcc2 sources, the line numbers weren't exact.

Yes, that's what happened. 971122 egcs now compiles all of newlib for the
ARM without a problem. Thanks kindly.

Robin Kirkham			CSIRO Manufacturing Science and Technology
Project Engineer		Locked Bag 9, Preston 3072, Australia
robin.kirkham@mlb.dmt.csiro.au	Phone: +61 3 9662-7756  Fax: +61 3 9662-7851