Re: linux-2.1.60/i586,glibc-2.0.5c,egcs-971114 snapshot :)

FWIW : this should be documented somewhere....

README.cross material?

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   > > Well, for many you can use the latest newlib release.
>   >
>   > ???? newlib release ????
> newlib is a ANSI C library.  It's what Cygnus uses for most of its cross
> builds.  I also believe it's used by RTEMS.
>
> ftp.cygnus.com:pub/newlib
>
>   > To be quite honest:
>   > 	I don't have immediate access to some of the hardware.....
>   > 	... and there's no Win32 emulator available... that works.
> Which is why an instruction set simulator is so useful; not I'm not talking
> about hardware, I'm talking about a program that simulates the ISA of a
> particular chip.
>
>   > So how do I build a cross-compiler?
> I really don't have the time to discuss all the aspects of building a
> cross compiler, because doing so also requires additional tools (cross
> assembler, cross linker, cross binutils, target include files, target
> libraries, etc etc).
>
> If you just want a compiler that generates code for some target then
> configure --target=blah
> make cross
       ^^^^^

This was the most important....  My compile was failing and I had no idea
why.....  this was it!

> It will probably fail building libgcc1 or libgcc2 because you probably don't
> have a cross assembler or suitable include files.

Already setup:
	Cross assembler
	Cross linker
(complete binutils....)

I was just missing the compiler.....  (and "newlib")

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis