Re: would a gcc by any other name still smell?

Robert Lipe writes ...

> (or something like that. :-)
>
> If you type 'make install' on egcs, you get a c compiler that
> calls itself 'gcc'.
>
> If we do this, we're damned because it's not the FSF release and
> it would make it difficult to have both EGCS and GCC installed at
> the same time.

Doing it is just as easy as having two FSF gcc versions around.  On
our machines here, I have 2.7.2 as the default gcc, and if I want
egcs, I use 'gcc -V egcs-2.90.17'.  works like a charm.

Tim Hollebeek                           | "Everything above is a true
email: tim@wfn-shop.princeton.edu       |  statement, for sufficiently