Re: g77 changes

>Yes.  So, where do y'all want but reports to go to?  fortan@gnu.org or
>egcs-bugs@cygnus.com

My take is that egcs-bugs@cygnus.com would be a better address.
First, "politically", because it would tend to reinforce the
idea that "g77 is part of gcc".  Second, practically, because
fortran@gnu.org is populated by people who are likely to be
on egcs-bugs as well (though I think I'll send a polite suggestion
to be sure ;-), whereas egcs people who aren't on the various
g77 mailing lists have already, IMO, demonstrated both a willingness
and an ability to cope with g77's special needs.

(Come to think of it, am *I* on egcs-bugs?  Since the email
address change from gnu.ai.mit.edu to gnu.org, I've had
trouble coping with mailing lists, and probably lost track
of such things.)

>  >  * Installation instructions
>Yes.  This is a general problem -- however I think we want to shy away from
>language specific install stuff.

g77 still being "beta" is partly the reason there are still
likely to be some things that are language-specific regarding
installation, such as build-time-configurable parameters (see
"Maximum Stackable Size", IIRC, in the g77 docs).

But it will be nice to have most/all of g77's special installation
instructions go away, and I'm not even thinking about the effort
I have to put in to maintain it, but rather the efforts users
have to make to cope with g77's mysterious past.  :)

        tq vm, (burley)