>   > --
>   > H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.ai.mit.edu)
>   > ---
>   > Mon Nov 17 08:39:17 1997  H.J. Lu  (hjl@gnu.ai.mit.edu)
>   >
>   > 	* stdstrbufs.cc (DEF_STDFILE): Use STD_VTABLE.
> I have no idea what this patch does since you didn't make any attempt to
> describe the problem it's trying to fix.  I will not install it unless I

iostream should the C++ vtable. You can see STD_VTABLE is
used for another case in the same file.

> hear from Ulrich.
>
> Ulrich -- is this patch correct?

That is one of the many problems with glibc 2 and egcs. The newer
glibc 2.1 breaks egcs due to the changes to libio in glibc 2.1.
I'd like to see glibc 2.1 install those libio private header files
and libio in egcs uses them if they are available. We may be
able to support libc 5, glibc 2.0 and glibc 2.1 in egcs.

H.J.