Re: 1008 segfaults in genattr

>   In message <199710092157.RAA03194@spacely.icd.teradyne.com>you write:
>   > When doing 'make bootstrap' under UnixWare 2.1.2 (i386-pc-sysv4.2uw2.1.2),
>   > with the 1008 snapshot, genattr dumps core:
> Did you send me some mail about the UnixWare problems in the last few days;
> I seem to remember getting an analysis of the problem, but can't find the
> message now.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'in the last few days'.  There was some
discussion on the list about exit being called from an atexit function:

robertl@dgii.com said:

> 	Regarding the standard, the behavior is undefined when a
> 	program calls exit() from an atexit()-registered function:
> 		"If more than one call to the exit function is
> 		 executed by a program, the behavior is undefined."
> 	in the description of exit in the current C standard.

In fact, I can verify that 971114 still fails in the same way as previous
builds.  A simple hello world prgram dumps core after main finishes
running;  __do_global_dtors gets called twice.

Looking at Robert Lipe's message, I wonder if I should undefine HAVE_ATEXIT
from a header file somewhere.

Thanks,
  vin