H.J. Lu's frame.c patch is not included

    From:  Jason Merrill <jason@cygnus.com>
    Date:  07 Nov 1997 02:31:52 -0800

     > The code says:
    >       /* Skip CIEs and linked once FDE entries.  */
    >       if (this_fde->CIE_delta == 0 || this_fde->pc_range == 0)
    > 	continue;

    > so it is not skipping entries when pc_begin == 0.
    > Is it a typo or just vanished somehow?  In either case, the current
    > code does not work unless pc_begin check is included.

    Why not?  I expected that whenever pc_begin would be 0, pc_range would also
    be 0, since both the begin and end labels would be relocated to 0.  Is this
    not the case?

At least it does not seem to be the case, there are entries with
zero pc_begin non-zero pc_range.  I am using gas-970915 in this case.
Maybe the range is calculated by the assembler/linker before the linker
removes the symbols?

Teemu