critical technical items

Jeff writes:

> We still need to fix:

>        * ppro internal error relating to conditional move patterns.

>        * -funroll-loops problems.

>        * review some ppc patches that may be necessary for linux.

> I think those are the only two critical technical issues on the agenda!

There's at least one more: the internal compiler error I reported yesterday
(still there in 971105) is critical: it will cause the compiler to
dump core (on Solaris) on any program that has a vector<T> of
struct/class objects if -O is given.  Sorry, that's not shippable.

Here's the test again, since it is very short (this call to
__uninitialized_copy_aux will occur whenever a vector is allocated
or resized).

-----------------------------
#include <algobase.h>

struct SomeClass {
    int data;
};

void foo(const SomeClass* arg1, const SomeClass* arg2, SomeClass* arg3)
{
    __false_type foo;
    __uninitialized_copy_aux(arg1, arg2, arg3, foo);
}