Re: Some C++ questions

> I think comp.lang.c++ is a better place to drag people's knowledge of
> C++ out of them.  This isn't the place for people to teach you c++.

I wouldn't wish comp.lang.c++ on anyone.  Everyone who knows anything
has left, except for a few masochists. :-) Try comp.lang.c++.moderated.
If you already know C++ well and are puzzled by an obsure corner of the
language *and* you have looked at the draft standard and are still
confused, comp.std.c++ is an excellent resource.

> This is a place where compiler experts join together to implement a
> set of compilers.

Well, it isn't quite, as we encourage everyone running egcs snapshots to
be on the list (some of whom won't be compiler experts).  But Mike is
correct, I think, in saying we shouldn't take up egcs bandwidth explaining
the rules of C++ to everyone.