Re: sparc64 support for Solaris

   Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 19:51:35 -0400
   From: Fred Richardson <frichard@bbn.com>

   I was wondering how I can enable 64 bit support and v9 instruction
   scheduling for an Ultra 1 Model 170 running Solaris2.5.  This is
   apparently not possible when the target is
   "sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1".

   I thought I'd try specifying "sparc64-sun-elf".  But I don't know
   if this makes any sense.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Solaris still lacks any 64-bit userland support on UltraSparc systems.

However you can get Ultra optimized instruction scheduling by passing
"-mcpu=ultrasparc" to egcs.

Later,
David "Sparc" Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu