Re: exception handling poll

  In message <199710171340.JAA23714@contents-vnder-pressvre.MIT.EDU>
  John Carr wrote:

  > Probably 3%.
  >
  > For the first egcs release we should:
  >
  > 1. Default C -fexceptions off on all targets.  Not one extra bit for
  > exception handling.
I think that's the direction we're heading.  I guess now is as good a time
as any to tell everyone :-)

Basically, we're going to be temporarily turning off -fexceptions for C
(hopefully starting with the next snapshot).  The basic idea is to turn
it off so the C folks won't pay the EH penalty until such time as we can
get the overhead down to something acceptable to most C programmers.

jeff