Re: small libf2c cleanups

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Henderson <rth@dot.cygnus.com> writes:

 Richard> Thing is, I don't know that there's really anything to
 Richard> change it to.  There's no pointer-sized-integer type is
 Richard> there?

I've forgotten the details of the intrinsics and kind mechanisms and
how it last changed, but AFAIR it should be possible to do something
more sanitary now.

 >> Is this actually necessary?

 Richard> One of the files, I forget which now, used one of the mem
 Richard> functions without including <string.h>.  Will the library
 Richard> work without the include?  Yes.  But why?  You've already
 Richard> got the autoconf detection macro already.

We have to keep libf2c in sync with the master version, so cosmetic
changes have mostly been avoided, but bug fixes are of interest for
g77 0.5.22 and f2c itself.  We should probably make a renewed attempt
to get some of the changes which have been made merged into the Netlib
version, though.