Re: Cygnus Supported GCC vs. EGCS GCC

   Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 11:27:30 -0600
   From: Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com>

     In message <199710140306.XAA29034@bluebell.bbn.com>you write:
     > Does anyone know if I should I expect about the same 40% performance
     > hit from the Cygnus Support version of GCC?
   Someone who deals with sparcs would have to answer this.  Doug?

Clearly one would want to be able to try the benchmark for oneself
if one was expected to give definitive answers.
Secondly, I don't have access to a recent version of Sunsoft's cc.
But in general there is a lot of tuning work that could be done
to the sparc port [scheduling for example, and if someone wanted
to spend time with the Haifa scheduler then by all means do it].