Re: -fno-exceptions and libgcc.a

Hi,

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Joe Buck wrote:

> > It will expose g++ specific EH in the libc. What Linux people
> > with KAI C++ or Comeau C++ supposed to do if glibc
> > will be compiled with g++ exceptions? looks like
> > linker modifications a la Mark Mitchel is required.
>
> If I were a strict GNUist, I'd have to answer that it isn't out job to
> make life easier for those who don't provide source.  But seriously, it
> will be up to KAI or Comeau to provide workarounds; it was never in the
> egcs charter to support linking with other compilers.

well, i was talking about GNU libc where qsort
belongs. The most interesting situation will be
when Kenner will choose another EH approach as
base in gcc installation. Just imagine, Redhat will
have their libc compiled by gcc, while debian
choose egcs.

For glibc probably the best approach to compile
all library without any EH info and
ask compiler writers to provide their
own implementations for qsort, bsearch etc.
i don't think there is much code to add.

But i cannot think about what to do with X and
related stuff, for example

regards

OK