Re: excessive memory consumption

On Sat, 4 October 1997, 22:53:05, manfred@s-direktnet.de wrote:

    On , 3 October 1997, 12:01:19, jason@cygnus.com wrote:

        Found it!  In situations of recursive instantiation, there can be a lot of
        stuff compiled in the middle of compiling a given function, running up the
        label count.  save_for_inline_copying creates new labels for everything
        between min_labelno and max_labelno, which can add up to a *lot* of space.

    Well, sounds great, but unfortunately, it doesn't work completely; I'm
    getting unresolved symbols from libstdc++.so (vtables for __case_table
    or so - sorry, removed the logfile  too early) on i586-linux-gnulibc1.
    Without your patch to toplev.c everything is ok. Looks like we have to
    look further :-(

The patch  just posted by Alexandre  Oliva (Missing virtual tables for
type_info classes in tinfo.cc) cured this problem.

Manfred.