Re: SUBREG GIVs - Suggestion for a quick hack.

> First I applied the following patch by Jeff Law that fixes the
> suboptimal recognition of GIVs due to removal of some special case
> ARRAY_REF code from expand_expr (see my mail dd 14th of September):

Actually, Jeff checked that patch in, so I was using it as well.

> and, of course, I run loop_optimize twice.

Doesn't appear to make much difference in the cases I'm trying.

> I'll try your expr.c patch tonight (that's tomorrow morning for you :-)

Ho hum..  while it was sufficient for rank 1 daxpy, it didn't do
well at all on rank 2 resid.  Perhaps tomorrow I'll map out what
is being done differently.

r~