Re: intel 960 support Was: pentium?

Yes, this is certainly one of the items on our list of things to look at
when we find the time.

However, the intel i960 support has many of the same issues as the pentium
support.  There are interesting ideas there, but many of them have been
implemented poorly, or implemented in such a way that they will work for the
i960, but will break other targets, and hence can't be used as is.  There is
also the issue of copyright assignments.  We can't use Intel's code without a
copyright assignment from Intel.  I am not sure how hard it will be to get one;
it might be easier to just write new code from scratch in some cases.

Jim