Re: m68k structure packing

  In message <199710010315.UAA28203@kankakee.wrs.com>you write:
  > Don't know how.  All I can do it try a couple of testcases that should
  > expose the tricky parts, I have done that.
Read the docs for PCC_BITFIELD_MATTERS.  It describes a very particular
problem (bitfields crossing certain alignment boundaries).

It even includes code which attempts to set up this situation;
so you can compile that sample code with -m68000.

Then look at the resulting output and verify that you don't have
any unaligned loads/stores.  Doesn't seem all that hard to me.
I think if you do that and can show Jim that it works then
you'll both be happy.

jeff