Re: DWARF dbg output - Are people enhancing this for C++?

   Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:29:52 -0700
   From: mrs@wrs.com (Mike Stump)

   > Also has anyone added DWARF support to gas/bfd? (currently it isn't
   > supported, which means "gcc -Wa,-alh" doesn't work, and I can't convert
   > DWARF to IEEE)

   gas and bfd will choke down all that gcc/g++ generates, I am confused
   and don't understand your issue.

One issue is that to use -Wa,-alh, gas needs to understand DWARF
debugging information in order to find the source lines for the
listing.  The answer is that support has been added for DWARF 1 but
not for DWARF 2.

Another issue is that in order to use objcopy --debugging -O ieee
objcopy needs to be able to read DWARF debugging information.  This
has not been done for any version of DWARF.

Volunteers to do this work are welcome.

Ian