Re: increase in object code size

> Hmm, interesting.  Unfortunately, sigcontext is not universal.

Perhaps not, but it is available on all of the modern unices.

> In particular, Linux doesn't seem to have it.  That could be fixed, of
> course...

Sure it does; see <asm/sigcontext.h>.  Though a the moment it
varies how to get hold of it on the signal stack.  On i386-linux
you get it with a function definition of

  void handler(int sig, struct sigcontext context)

Note that the struct is passed by value.  On the riscy linuxes,
we take a more svr4 approach of passing the address in the third
argument.

Anyway, That will be fixed once my posix.1b signal stuff is merged,
since that standard defines all three arguments, rather than just
one that posix.1 1990 gave us.

r~