Re: Prototype in egcs

  In message <m0xDIbL-0004ecC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
  > I have many questions regarding egcs:
  >
  > 1. I saw
  >
  > extern xxxx foo			PROTO ((x, y));
  >
  > and
  >
  > extern xxxx foo			PROTO((x, y));
The GNU coding standards specify the second form.

Therefore you should use the second form.  It is not necessary
(or desirable) to change the old ones at this time.  But any
new ones should adhere to the standard.

If you want to update the old ones, that is best done via a
separate patch.

  > 2. Now we have control over egcs. Why aren't obstack.c/obstack.h
  > from glibc used in egcs?
Because nobody's submitted them.

At this time, I would say wait until after the first release for
submitting changes to obstack.[ch]

jeff