Re: Fortran testsuite?

In case the g77-alpha people are wondering, it seems like time to
gather our code snippets and produce a Fortran testsuite.  Do you have
anything you would like to contribute?  I have saved some codes people
have posted, but no where near all of them.

>> "call exit(1)" vs. "stop 1"

> Well, the problem is some simulators don't give you an exit status
> from the program.  Thus we have technology to "wrap" the exit
> function to provide the information we need.

I'm using "call exit(1)" until we come to some consensus on this.  It
is true that it isn't portable - I remember using "call exit" which
worked on at least one or two systems that didn't want an argument.
Then it dumped core on the Sun, on which f77 wanted the argument.

> OK.  Then it sounds like we need to get started!  And you can
> push stuff from your testsuite over as time permits.
>
> Probably the first tests should come from the egcs archives! We
> can branch out from there.

Is there some place I should put draft vesrions?  I have put what I
have so far on gate.gnu.ai.mit.edu in ~fortran/kate.  It unpacks to a
testsuite directory (get dejagnu, "runtest --tool g77").  I hardcoded
the path to /usr/local/bin/g77 and it doesn't get the right answer when
searching for "do" loops.  Naming of tests is quasi-random.  Also, I
get a fail on:

FAIL: g77.tests/execute/alpha1.f execution,  -O0

I'm not sure if it should behave this way - Craig?
The summary is:

# of expected passes            103
# of unexpected failures        1

Also, this little gem is in my archives from the g77 group:

      CHARACTER*12 FUNC
      WRITE(*,*) FUNC()
      END
      CHARACTER*12 FUNCTION FUNC()
      WRITE(2,'(A)') 'HELLO, WORLD'
      FUNC = 'Goodbye, all'
      RETURN
      END

gecko% g77 bad.f
gecko% a.out
I/O recursion: I/O started while already doing I/O
apparent state: unit 6 (unnamed)
last format: list io
lately writing direct formatted external IO
Abort (core dumped)

The IBM xlf produces the same result.

Kate