Re: 970910 snapshot

  In message <9709151806.AA26927@probelab.msrce.howard.edu>you write:
  > OK this time I'll report the results of building egcs.
Thanks.

  > If the warnings I saw can be fixed by
  > just adding casts, I'll go a head and make a diff, but since I am a unix
  > USER I don't really know if that's the proper way to fix them; I'm sure
  > somebody will  let me know.
I wouldn't worrty too much about the warnings at this point.  Over time
we'll be working to stomp many of them out.

Not sure why you're failing while building the runtime libraries.

The only think I can think of is the a problem some older "make" programs
have with  if statements without else clauses.

Do you have gnu make?  Can you try using it instead of the system
make and let us know if it works?

Jeff