Re: Fortran testsuite?

  In message <199709150711.DAA18207@churchy.gnu.ai.mit.edu>you write:
  > Yes, the main problem being that I can't just dump what I have to
  > somebody else without going through it first...and I don't have time
  > to do that right now.  But if something is put together, I can
  > probably find time to add dribs and drabs of tests as I find they're
  > okay, down the road.
OK.  That sounds reasonable.

  > >Most of the time fortran is only used on native systems, and you can
  > >probably assume that you'll have suitable libraries since they're
  > >build at the same time as g77.
  >
  > Note that g77 implements STOP as a call to the library anyway.  Though,
  > this is to a different function -- f_exit() instead of exit_(), or
  > some such thing.
Though f_exit eventually calls exit doesn't it?  So long as there's
a way to tell the difference between success and failure STOP is
fine.

  > I would think this would work for STOP anyway, but generally I'd
  > prefer nonzero return codes whenever it's just as easy to do it
  > that way.  OTOH, a "standard Fortran test suite" would use "STOP n"
  > throughout, I guess, not "CALL EXIT(n)".  Hmm.
Well, the problem is some simulators don't give you an exit status
from the program.  Thus we have technology to "wrap" the exit
function to provide the information we need.

  > Kate's already talked to me.  I think it's great if she and others
  > work on putting together an infrastructure and add whatever tests
  > they have handy and know are fine, copying-wise.
OK.  Then it sounds like we need to get started!  And you can
push stuff from your testsuite over as time permits.

Probably the first tests should come from the egcs archives! We
can branch out from there.

jeff