Re: testing consistency

	autoconf (configure) should be used to determine if the C compiler one
	is using will in fact be capable of compiling the Fortran part, if
	not, it should arrange to bootstrap all by itself.

We probably want to bootstrap regardless of which compiler is being used,
because this is how gcc builds have always worked, and because this serves
as a useful test to verify that gcc was built correctly.  I don't think
we want to autoconf this.

Jim