Re: testing consistency

> It is a gcc policy that -Ox -g should always generate exactly the same code
> as -Ox.

I know (but do we have any tests that assure this?).  However, in the past
I've seen compilers (g++, plus some vendor compilers) that blow their
cookies when writing out debug information for files that are successfully
compiled.  Thus I think we have to make sure that gcc bootstraps correctly
with -g enabled.