Re: egcs-970828: Some nits

  In message <199709050339.XAA02007@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl>you write:
  > There _has_ to be a way of not messing up something else (texinfo is at 2.9
  > in egcs, I used to have 2.11 :-).
You should find that texinfo is no longer installed as of the 970904
snapshot.  It is built for internal use during the egcs build only.

We'll be upgrading texinfo after we get the first release out the door.

  > To have a toolchain-x.y.z.tar.gz of 200Mb won't go down easy on folks (egcs
  > is nearly 10Mb now, and that is _huge_.
Yup.  That's the driving force behind breaking out the different languages and
runtimes.  That'll save folks from having to ftp, build and install languages
they don't care about (or testsuites).

The process isn't complete, but it's well under way.

Simliarly for removing old ChangeLogs from the distribution -- most folks
don't care about changes made 2+ years ago.

Once you get the languages split out, the major component of the distribution
is the config files which we'll have ot start thinking about.

Jeff