bootstrap target (was: Some nits)

> > I'm thinking about adding a "bootstrap" target at the toplevel that heads
> > into the gcc tree first, does a 3stage on gcc, then builds the rest of
> > the tree.
> >
> Please make this delete stage1 when stage2 is finished, so that you don't
> have to have stage{1+2+3} worth of free disk space to do this in.

Good idea.

We also need to decide where to put the instructions.  Currently the top
level README is generic, the same file used for all tools that are
packaged that way.  We could leave it and create an egcs directory with
egcs/README, plus other files with the egcs manifesto and FAQ.  But I'm
not that happy with the very generic top-level README.