Re: c++/10649: is_pointer<T> reports pointer to member function is not a pointer

The following reply was made to PR c++/10649; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo@libero.it>
To: <notbob@tessellation.com>,
	"Gabriel Dos Reis" <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>
Cc: <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c++/10649: is_pointer<T> reports pointer to member function is not a pointer
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 00:27:22 +0200

 Robert Schwartz <robertallanschwartz@yahoo.com> wrote:

 > I'm not saying anything about how pointer-to-member is *implemented*; I'm
 > saying something about its syntax and its semantics. A pointer to a member
 > is a pointer. That's all I'm saying.

 I'm lost here. Are you arguing that your code should work, or is it just
 some theorical conversation about the meaning of the word "pointer"?
 I think we agree that your code should not work and the PR is rightfully
 closed.

 If it's not about the PR, please leave gcc-gnats@ outside the CC, thanks.

 Giovanni Bajo