Re: bootstrap/10007: building the compiler fails with some javaproblem in spite of --enable-languages=c,c++,f77

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/10007; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gerhard Heinzel <ghh at mpq dot mpg dot de>
To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
Cc: ebotcazou at gcc dot gnu dot org, <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <nobody at gcc dot gnu dot org>,
        <gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org>
Subject: Re: bootstrap/10007: building the compiler fails with some java
 problem in spite of  --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:19:00 +0200 (CEST)

 On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Eric Botcazou wrote:

 > > Maybe yes. But for this installation, I started in an new "objdir"
 > > and did a "make clean", if I remember correctly. Any suggestions what I
 > > could test here?
 >
 > Hmm... if the objdir was really new, you couldn't have done a 'make clean'
 > since there is no Makefile :-)
 >
 > My wild guess is that the objdir was not new and you previously built with
 > Java support enabled. Then you did 'make clean', re-configured but some
 > scraps were left. I tested that this morning (even with 'make distclean') and
 > I got a failure when building libjava too.
 >
 > I presume you managed to build the compiler anyway, using another fresh new
 > objdir?

 Thank you for your effort. It is a while ago that I had this problem,
 and I had been busy with other things since, so I didn't try again.
 It is well possible that your guess is right. I have not yet tried again,
 since my gcc 3.2 is working fine. Actually I have removed the installation
 directory in the meantime in some cleanup process. I think I will try
 again only if (1) I really need 3.2.2, or (2) a new version appears, or
 (3) there are additional tests I could do to assist your debugging.

 With best greetings

 Gerhard Heinzel