Re: other/6955: collect2 says "core dumped" when there is no core

The following reply was made to PR other/6955; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
To: bangerth at ticam dot utexas dot edu
Cc: bruno at clisp dot org, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org,
        gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
Subject: Re: other/6955: collect2 says "core dumped" when there is no core
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:43:25 -0500 (EST)

  > From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ticam dot utexas dot edu>
  >
  > >  >     Kaveh, you inserted the lines in question in this PR some
  > >  >     3.5 years ago. Would you mind to take a brief look at this
  > >  >     report and its 1-line patch?
  > >
  > > Eh?  I don't recall filing or modifying this PR.  How did you
  > > determine I was responsible?
  >
  > I _made_ you responsible :-) You weren't in any legal sense, I just looked
  > at the output of "cvs annotate" to find out that you were the one who
  > checked in the lines of question. This is by now one of the less
  > successless ways to get patches in PRs reviewed ;-)

 I hate to be a pedant, but now honor is at stake. :-)

 I honestly don't think I introduced this error.  Looking back at the
 cvs logs, it came in through one of the many infamous gcc2 merges.  It
 came in over four years ago: "Merge in gcc2 snapshot 19980929".

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/collect2.c.diff?r1=1.62&r2=1.63

 --
 Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu