Re: preprocessor/10102: preprocessor runs out of stack space..internal segment error in gcc

The following reply was made to PR preprocessor/10102; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
To: dougk71 at comcast dot net
Cc: gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
Subject: Re: preprocessor/10102: preprocessor runs out of stack space
 ..internal segment error in gcc
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:47:42 -0800

 dougk71 at comcast dot net writes:

 > the test program test1.c bombs with a segmentation error most of the
 > time.  Also after making absolutely no changes to the source or the
 > make files msp430-gcc will avoid the segmnetation error and begin to
 > flag the #ifend type directives after processing them siccessfully a
 > good way into the tree as if it ran out of stack space or something.
 > msp430-gcc.exe test1.c -mmcu=msp430x1121 -o test1

 I'm afraid this problem description makes no sense to me.
 Furthermore, you did not provide the file test1.c in your bug report,
 and you appear to be using a version of gcc which is not distributed
 by the FSF.  Thus, it is impossible for me to attempt to reproduce
 the problem.

 Please clarify the situation.

 zw