Re: c/7543: Suggest new warning message for gcc

The following reply was made to PR c/7543; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ticam dot utexas dot edu>
To: gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
Subject: Re: c/7543: Suggest new warning message for gcc
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:46:47 -0600 (CST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:43:55 -0500 (EST)
 From: Tom Truscott <trt at unx dot sas dot com>
 To: bangerth at dealii dot org

 >     Tom, did your patch get applied to CVS? What's the state of
 >     this?

 I don't know if it was applied, but I strongly doubt it.

 The state of this is totally defunct.
 I have tried different request strategies for a few years
 and have concluded that only if I become a gcc insider
 can I get even the simplest changes made.
 I don't have the time, energy, or interest in that.

 I'm content with the dozens of a warnings I've added
 to my personal copy of gcc, which I run daily
 to spot problems in my company's product (20M+ LOC).

 If there is a gcc insider who would like to shepherd
 specific warning changes I will be happy to supply them.
 Beyond that I'm not interested, not even in discussing this,
 so feel to mark this bug NOFIX or whatever.

 Thanks,
 Tom Truscott