Re: c/9390: Segmentation Fault when compiling for athlon withLANG=es_ES@euro or LC_ALL=es_ES@euro

The following reply was made to PR c/9390; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
Cc: <david@aspl.es>,  <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,  <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c/9390: Segmentation Fault when compiling for athlon with
 LANG=es_ES@euro or LC_ALL=es_ES@euro
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:40:53 +0000 (GMT)

 On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:

 > I wrote a little script that tried to find these problems. See the thread
 > that started at
 >   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-10/msg01694.html
 > There's extensive discussion with Zack about the problem and how he thinks
 > this should be fixed/tackled.

 I don't see either the script or a list of problems in that thread.

 The ordering problems do need to wait for GCC to get %1$ support (though
 having messages with %1$ causing a crash because it isn't supported is no
 worse than having existing messages with the wrong order causing a crash).

 > I don't think this was reported to the translation maintainers. I was
 > fairly new to gcc processes back then. I would appreciate if you could
 > take the necessary steps.

 I've committed the current translations, and proposed a patch
 <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-02/msg00245.html> to add
 documentation about how GCC interacts with the Translation Project and how
 to contact the language teams (supposing that the script shows such
 problems still present in the current translations, the reports can be
 sent to the teams).

 --
 Joseph S. Myers
 jsm28@cam.ac.uk