Re: optimization/9448: [mainline] Wrong code with -O2 -fprefetch-loop-arrays

The following reply was made to PR optimization/9448; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de>
To: zlomekj@suse.cz
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: optimization/9448: [mainline] Wrong code with -O2 -fprefetch-loop-arrays
Date: 27 Jan 2003 13:48:27 +0100

 zlomekj@suse.cz writes:

 > In loop.c in function emit_prefetch_instructions on line 4200
 > there is the following command:
 > init_val = convert_to_mode (Pmode, init_val, 0);
 >
 > It finally generates instructions to convert from SImode to DImode
 > which are placed to the end of instruction stream and not to the
 > place before loop.

 I'm not quite sure what your actual problem is. That prefetches are
 placed at nonsensical places? That's not nice, but also not really
 wrong-code. Also, your example contains an infinite loop, and I don't
 think we should be especially concerned about optimizing that. Perhaps
 you could provide a smaller example with the assembly you get, and the
 assembly you'd rather like to see?

 --
 	Falk