Re: target/6522: Incorrect struct offset for unaligned 64-bit fields in debug information

The following reply was made to PR target/6522; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com>
To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
	nobody@gcc.gnu.org, fred@nextnewgig.com
Subject: Re: target/6522: Incorrect struct offset for unaligned 64-bit fields in debug information
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:51:48 -0500

 Hmm, I missed the patch going by, and the transition to feedback was
 before the testcase was provided.  The problem still exists in HEAD as
 of a day or two ago, so this is not fixed.

 [Huh.  I didn't realize a 64-bit integer could be misaligned when
 placed within a struct that didn't specify packedness.  This is a
 property of x86_field_align, in case anyone else gets confused looking
 at this testcase.  I've learned my one thing for today.]

 --
 Daniel Jacobowitz