Re: other/8974: fabs error with -ansi

The following reply was made to PR other/8974; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Warren du Plessis <warren@eng.up.ac.za>
To: bangerth@dealii.org,  gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,  gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
 nobody@gcc.gnu.org,  warren@eng.up.ac.za,  gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: other/8974: fabs error with -ansi
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:25:15 +0000

 Hi,

 If I try to link with "-static -ansi -lm" I get the following error message:
 /tmp/cc6IBIGC.o: In function `main':
 /tmp/cc6IBIGC.o(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `fabs'
 /tmp/cc6IBIGC.o(.text+0x89): undefined reference to `fabs'
 /tmp/cc6IBIGC.o(.text+0xca): undefined reference to `fabs'
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 If I remove the -ansi flag and compile with "-static -lm" everything
 works perfectly as I explained previously.

 I tried compiling with -O through -O8 (just to make sure! - I know the
 docs say that there is nothing above -O3, but a friend of mine says that
 it goes up to -O5 or -O6 at least) and got exactly the same results.

 My friend says that it could be a typecasting problem if that helps.

 Thanks for your help!
 Warren