Re: c++/7748: Static objects in dynamic library with non-defaultpriority not initialized

The following reply was made to PR c++/7748; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: bangerth@dealii.org, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>, <jrheath@ca.ibm.com>,
   <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c++/7748: Static objects in dynamic library with non-default
 priority not initialized
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:02:23 -0600 (CST)

 On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

 > On 20 Dec 2002 bangerth@dealii.org wrote:
 >
 > > Synopsis: Static objects in dynamic library with non-default priority not initialized
 > >
 > > Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->jsm28
 >
 > I don't even know what code you're talking about.  If cvs annotate has
 > indicated the last change to it was some global change such as spelling
 > fixes or table-driven attributes, you need to find someone who has
 > actually worked on that code locally.

 Sorry for finger-pointing you.

 I'm talking about the SUPPORTS_INIT_PRIORITY flag which is used in
 cp/tree.c(handle_init_priority_attribute). The ChangeLogs are not quite
 verbose about this, and you "own" the function almost entirely in cvs
 annotate. But you're right, in the ChangeLog this appears as a bulk change
 for table-driven attributes, sorry.

 There are some blank lines which refer to Jason's 1.106 checkin. I'll move
 responsibility to him soon, to see whether he's the right person.

 W.

 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:           bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                                www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth