Re: optimization/7778: Internal compiler error in reload_cse_simplify_operands

The following reply was made to PR optimization/7778; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: Kyle Lanclos <lanclos@ucolick.org>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: optimization/7778: Internal compiler error in reload_cse_simplify_operands
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:22:14 -0600 (CST)

 > >     Do you still have the sources and can reproduce the error?
 > >     We would need the preprocessed source file...
 >
 > There's no way I can pick out from the mozilla source code which file(s)
 > are necessary to reproduce the bug. As much as I hate the presentation,
 > all I have is a tarball of my build tree.

 The way this goes is: you see which file the compiler barfs at. Go into
 this directory and do the exact same command line that was used to compile
 it previously (when you used make). This command line is the last one that
 is printed, of course. Then just add -save-temps to the command line. The
 compiler will still die, but it will have generated a .i file. This is the
 file we need.

 Thanks
   Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:           bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu