Re: libgcj/8711: abnormal program termination during loop startsCPU overload

The following reply was made to PR libgcj/8711; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Young <dvd@OCF.Berkeley.EDU>
To: tromey@gcc.gnu.org, davit@users.sourceforge.net, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, java-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org,
   tromey@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libgcj/8711: abnormal program termination during loop starts
 CPU overload
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 18:16:36 -0800

 tromey@gcc.gnu.org wrote:

 >    I don't think this is a bug.
 >    Ignoring the IOException allows this to happen.

 After adding "System.exit(0)" within the catch clause, I still ran into
 the original behavior.  Does the behavior result from the IOException?

 >    I don't think there is any other behavior we could allow.
 >    I believe the JDK does the same thing here.

 I don't actually encounter the problem when I compile and run the test
 program with Sun's JDK 1.4.1 and close the console.  If the behavior
 isn't a bug, might it be a useful feature enhancement?