Re: ada/6558: [mainline regression] Wrongly reverted patches

The following reply was made to PR ada/6558; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com>
Cc: Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>,  <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>,
     <bosch@gcc.gnu.org>,  <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: ada/6558: [mainline regression] Wrongly reverted patches
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:27:44 +0000 (GMT)

 On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Zack Weinberg wrote:

 > My understanding is that the only patches at issue were those lost
 > when this change occurred:
 >
 > 2002-03-07  Geert Bosch  <bosch@gnat.com>

 Yes.  It's all patches from non-ACT people to the FSF tree before then
 that need to be checked to make sure they are still in the tree or have
 been superseded by subsequent changes.

 I think someone found an example (which may or may not now have been
 unreverted individually) that wasn't among the examples I gave of patches
 wrongly reverted by this change, so it is necessary to do that check
 rather than relying on my list.

 --
 Joseph S. Myers
 jsm28@cam.ac.uk