Re: c++/7765 [Patch]

The following reply was made to PR c++/7765; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <wolfgang.bangerth@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
	Michel Robitaille <robitail@iro.umontreal.ca>
Subject: Re: c++/7765 [Patch]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:32:45 -0800

 On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 04:43:22PM +0100, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:

 >   msgid "%s for `%T %s %T' operator"
 > ! msgstr "%s pour l'opérateur «%T [%T]»"
 >
 >   #: cp/call.c:2845
 >   msgid "%s for `%s %T' operator"
 > ! msgstr "%s pour l'opérateur «%T [%T]»"

 You're on the right track here, but these are still wrong.
 Translations must not change the sequence of %-escapes *at all*.
 (We haven't yet implemented %1$s notation in diagnostic.c; it's
 needed, but until then...) And the square brackets were blindly
 copied from the message above; they don't belong.

  msgid "%s for `%T %s %T' operator"
  msgstr "%s pour l'opérateur «%T %s %T»"

  msgid "%s for `%s %T' operator"
  msgstr "%s pour l'opérateur «%s %T»"

 If this weren't in the translations it would qualify as an obvious
 bugfix.  I would say, go ahead and check it in (with this change);
 but we need to get the fix propagated to the translation project.
 Michel, you are listed as the translator for this file.  Would you
 please incorporate these changes into the next version of the file,
 and also check for other places where the %-escapes are inconsistent
 between the msgid and the msgstr?

 zw