Re: libstdc++/8197: std::sin(float) causes undefined reference to sinf

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/8197; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com>
To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>
Cc: Christian Ehrhardt <ehrhardt@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
   libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/8197: std::sin(float) causes undefined reference to sinf
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:34:02 -0500

 Answering because I happen to have just checked my mail:

 On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 11:41:47PM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
 >   Do we have infrastructure to export symbols based on target
 > configurations?

 We need to, but we don't yet.

 > If not, does telling linker-map.gnu to export
 > non-existing symbols an error?

 No, it's no problem.  See for example the multiple entries for size_t:
 only one of them will actually be used, depending on the architecture.

 > If not, is it documented to work as
 > "expected"?

 Probably not documented, but anything marked as exported that doesn't
 exist in the final library is just ignored.  That is, the symbols may
 be exported, but they aren't expected.  :-)

 Phil

                                                  - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002