Re: middle-end/7617: shared libgcc binary incompatibility on sparc-sun-solaris2.8

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/7617; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: morey@astech.org
To: nbryant@allegientsystems.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
	gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: middle-end/7617: shared libgcc binary incompatibility on
 sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:10:43 +0700

 I have been experiencing the same problems.  I have been using binutils-2.13.  After extensive playing around I have noticed

 a few things.  If you compile a simple program that is dynamically linked with libgcc_s.so it will crash in __init with a

 SIGSEV.  However, if it is compiled with -static the program will run fine.  I then rebuilt gcc and had it use the solaris ld

 and as and how a program the dynamically linked with libgcc_s.so will run fine.  It appears to be a problem related to binutils-2.13.

 I will try an older version and see if I can track down what exactly is causing the problem.

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7617