Re: c/7344: performance regression on huge case statements

The following reply was made to PR c/7344; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, rschiele@uni-mannheim.de, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: jh@suse.cz
Subject: Re: c/7344: performance regression on huge case statements
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:04:52 -0400

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7344

 I'm tired of investigating this, but it seems likely that the problem
 was introduced with the introduction of et-forest.c, since that's where
 the loop is.  This was introduced by Pavel Nejedly and committed to
 mainline by Jan Hubicka (along with most of the surrounding code).

 (So that's why I'm ccing you; it looks like you caused it, so maybe you
   can figure out how to fix it. :-/)

 --Nathanael