Re: preprocessor/7988: POSIX broken in gcc

The following reply was made to PR target/7988; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: cs720 Administrator <cs720@cisunix.unh.edu>
To: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk>
Cc: cs720@unh.edu, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>, <rdr@unh.edu>, <pas@unh.edu>
Subject: Re: preprocessor/7988: POSIX broken in gcc
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:00:20 -0400 (EDT)

 Neil:

 I wasn't sure how to categorize it --
 _POSIX_C_SOURCE is a preprocessor symbol and it
 is used to select header files, define other symbols
 and structures, etc.  Defining it selects one set
 of headers, etc. while not defining it selects
 another set.  Perhaps the error is in the
 organization of the header files themselves,
 and the use of _POSIX_C_SOURCE within those header files.
 I doubt it is in the preprocessor itself, but
 what other category would be better?

 Thanks,
 Bob Russell