This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
middle-end/7934: definition of static member for template class missing in obj file
- From: michael_gu at maxtor dot com
- To: gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: mkjyg at charter dot net
- Date: 16 Sep 2002 19:14:28 -0000
- Subject: middle-end/7934: definition of static member for template class missing in obj file
- Reply-to: michael_gu at maxtor dot com
>Synopsis: definition of static member for template class missing in obj file
>Arrival-Date: Mon Sep 16 12:16:02 PDT 2002
>Originator: Michael Gu
>Release: gcc 3.1.1 (gcc or g++ compiler for C++)
The definition of a static data member of a template class seems to be missing in produced obj file. HP's LD will report unresolved symbol for that static member.
nm of the object file find the symbol to be 'U'.
The same version on SunOS seems to work fine as there is a week object defined in object file.