This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bootstrap/7882: HP bootstrap failure when building on PA 2.0for PA 1.1
- From: Dave Cuthbert <dacut at neolinear dot com>
- To: nobody at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-prs at gcc dot gnu dot org,
- Date: 10 Sep 2002 17:56:01 -0000
- Subject: Re: bootstrap/7882: HP bootstrap failure when building on PA 2.0for PA 1.1
- Reply-to: Dave Cuthbert <dacut at neolinear dot com>
The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7882; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Dave Cuthbert <email@example.com>
Subject: Re: bootstrap/7882: HP bootstrap failure when building on PA 2.0
for PA 1.1
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:52:24 -0400
Jeff Law wrote:
> Note that the PA port generates PA1.1 code unless you explicitly ask for
> PA2.0 code via the -mpa-risc-2-0 runtime switch.
> So you really shouldn't need to do anything special to generate PA1.1 code,
> and in fact, by trying to do something special (configure for hppa1.1-hpux)
> you've confused the compiler into thinking it's building cross tools which
> is the root cause of your link time failures.
Ah, thanks for this info.
We got burned by the HP compiler here (we have PA2.0 machines only, and
one of our beta releases failed at a customer site which had PA1.1
machines), so I was being paranoid.