Re: java/7838: Internal compiler error in make_class_data, at java/class.c

The following reply was made to PR java/7838; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: cassio@pucsp.br
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/7838: Internal compiler error in make_class_data, at java/class.c
Date: 05 Sep 2002 20:23:29 -0600

 >> Number:         7838
 >> Synopsis:       Internal compiler error in make_class_data, at java/class.c

 >> Client.java:1: Internal compiler error in make_class_data, at java/class.c:1676

 >> It's necessary to have the java class sources in the path.
 >> I'm working with the j2sdk1.3.1/src/share/classes/ directory.

 This is definitely a bug -- you should never be able to get an
 internal compiler error.

 However, using gcj with a class library other than libgcj doesn't
 work.  (It could be made to work when generating bytecode, but not
 when generating native code.)  So the likely resolution of this
 problem will be to turn the ICE into a "don't do that" error.  FYI.

 Tom